My chili recipe is my most requested recipe. It’s a little spicy but still enjoyable for the kids.
- 1.5 lbs of lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion – chopped
- 5-6 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 large can (or 2 small) black beans
- 1 small can of northern beans
- 2 small cans of Bush’s chili
- 1 small can of Rotel chili fixin
- 1 large can (or 3 small) original rotel
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
In a large skillet, brown the meat with the salt, pepper, and chili powder. The amount of chili powder depends on how spicy you want it. Add more and it has a bigger kick.
In a large stockpot, caramelize the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add Bush’s chili, rotel chili fixin, and original rotel cans. Rinse and drain the black beans and northern beans and then add to stockpot. Drain the grease from the meat and also add to the stockpot. Cook for 30 minutes constantly stirring.
**Crockpot option: brown meat, onion, and garlic together. Drain and add to crockpot. Continue same as above with cans and stick in the refrigerator. Pull out when needed and heat in crockpot on low for 5-6 hours.
I serve mine with fritos corn chips, corn bread, or oyster crackers and green onion and grated cheese. Makes for a great game day spread. Enjoy!