Loved this meal tonight. It was one of those where EVERYONE agreed we must have it again. To me, this means blog worthy ;o)
- pound of shrimp (frozen deveined and peeled)
- box of dried whole wheat penne pasta
- pound of fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 TBS butter
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 oz. can of evaporated fat free milk
- 2 TBS cream cheese (I used Diaya)
- 2 TBS shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- fresh parsley
In a medium saucepan cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is pink, constantly stirring. Set shrimp aside and KEEP the butter garlic sauce.
Whisk evaporated milk into the reserved butter garlic sauce. Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Cook and stir until cheeses are melted and mixture is heated through.
Layer shrimp onto pasta and asparagus mixture. Top with alfredo sauce and sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese and diced fresh parsley.
I hope you love it as much as we did! XOxo